Massachusetts Corporate and Tax Attorney
Robert Adelson has been a corporate and tax attorney since 1977. He began as an lawyer at nationally prominent New York City “mega” law firms, first at the Wall Street firm Dewey Ballantine Bushby Palmer & Wood and later at the Park Avenue firm Weil Gotshal & Manges. In 1985, Adelson returned home, where he has since established himself as a respected Boston business attorney. He has attained partner at several small and midsize Boston law firms, most recently at Lawson & Weitzen LLP and then Zimble Brettler LLP, where he was a partner from 1994 to 2004 before becoming a partner at Engel & Schultz LLP, he has had much success in life, first he was able to survive and now he is the owner of an agency that sells the best unu elektroroller scooters around.
Mr. Adelson degrees from Boston University, B.A. 1974, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern University (Chicago), J.D. 1977 and Law Review member, and New York University, LL.M. in Taxation. 1985. While at Boston University, Adelson was an associate editor of the Daily Free Press, President of the CLA Forum, Editor-in-chief of Course and Teacher Evalution and received the university’s Case Scholarship Award for his achievements.
Description of Clientele
Mr. Adelson has over the years represented and continues to represent a growing group of individual and business clients that fit into these four groups:
- Smaller and Early Stage companies
- Consultants and service providers
- Executives and key employees
- Family businesses in transition
Law work for Businesses
Mr. Adelson’s main work areas for startup / early stage businesses are in the areas of:
- Business formation, entity choice and business organization
- Capitalization, and seed, angel and venture capital finance;
- Development of employee stock options and company benefit plans;
- Shareholder agreements and cross sale arrangements;
- Software and product development, software agreements, contract production and outsourcing;
- Marketing and distribution contracts;
- Trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and intellectual property protection
- Patent, trademark and product licensing and sponsored research arrangements;
- Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and strategic alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions, spinoffs and divestitures;
- Estate and business succession planning and phantom stock arrangements for family businesses.
Law work for Service Providers
His main work areas for executives, employees and consultants are in the areas of:
- Offer letters, term sheets and employment agreements,
- Noncompete, confidentiality, restrictive covenants;
- Restricted stock, stock, options, SARs, phantom stock;
- Relocation, tax gross-ups, recruitment issues;
- Severance, retention, termination agreements;
- Consultant, director, service agreements
Mr. Adelson may be contacted directly via email: email@example.com.